Monday, August 16, 2010

Does this thing still work?

Wow, hello again. Sorry it's been so long. I would say I've been too busy to keep up, but that would only be about 75% true. I have certainly been keeping busy, and usually when I'm not busy I'm trying to catch up on sleep/relax. Anyway, I apologize for not keeping everyone up to date, but I appreciate the continued thoughts and prayers.

God really has been doing some amazing things out here. I've been really getting into reading the Bible - and wanting to - for the first time I can remember, and I have found myself going to God in prayer more often.

I've been learning a lot about what I struggle with (pride, trusting in God's plan for my life, loneliness) and learning how to give that up to God and be more dependent on Him.

I've also really began to see the value of having a community of people who have the same values as me and what that can do for me in terms of feeling loved and accepted, and having people to talk to about things. I have been building so many good relationships out here and I am so excited for this upcoming school year and all the friendships I will have.

I feel like I have really been feeling led to lead a small group for this upcoming school year and I have started talking to people about if there is a need, and what that would look like, as well as talking to Nick about potentially co-leading with me. I would really appreciate prayers regarding this and just that I would know where to lead, and that I would be prepared to lead if that opportunity is given to me.

My leg is absolutely on the recovery trail. It has healed up tremendously and should be completely scabbed over within the next couple of weeks. The infection is gone and I am not experiencing any pain.

I played soccer yesterday and had a ton of fun. I'm thinking about playing intramural with some people in H2O in the fall. I scored a goal and decided it is one of the coolest feelings even at a backyard pickup game (especially when the goal is a one-timer with your left foot off a perfect cross, just saying)

I'm definitely getting excited for football season - I will get to go see the Bucks play the U 3 days after I get back to Cbus so luckily I won't have to spend a ton of time hearing all the hype without actually seeing a game. It is too bad that I won't be back in time for the season kick off, but it is what it is.

Project days have been going great. We fasted one day which was extremely difficult, but so good for me. We also made a video (like all projects) to compete for prizes at the LT closing ceremonies. The rules were "music or dance video" Here is the 2nd place finisher and winner of $100 to Dairy Queen:


I'm down to a 5 under 51 on the putt putt course which is only 3 strokes off the record. Pretty proud of that, and I shot -1 on the front 9 of the disc golf course, which improved my personal record by a stroke.

Tomorrow 6 of us are going to water world in Denver which should be a lot of fun. It's the largest water park in the country and I've heard good things so I'm pretty excited to go.

All of the non OSU LT people left this past weekend, so things seem a little dull around here. There is a noticeable decrease in staff, which means people are being moved around to jobs they don't normally have to accommodate the change. That has been frustrating for me since I have been getting a lot of back dish, but hopefully starting Thursday I will get to work in the prep room since that's where I asked the manager to put me.

I decided late last week that I want to try to memorize the sermon on the mount by the end of my time out here. That's Matthew chapters 5, 6, and 7. As of right now I have Matthew 5: 1-16 down, which is good, but also means I'm behind schedule. I'm hoping to set some time aside soon to get a bunch done. The trick is really being able to apply the verses I'm memorizing to my life and my attitude.

Project day this week we are going back to Boulder, which I'm excited about and should be a good time. I think we are spending more time there than last time and are going to try to do a "fun" activity while we are there - whatever that ends up being - I think we also may eat at Chipotle!!!

I guess that's about all I'm going to get out before I fall asleep, but I will really try to update a little more frequently for the rest of the time I'm out here. I hope everyone is doing great and I will continue praying for you all. I look forward to seeing everyone when I get back!

-Adam


1 comment:

  1. "The trick is really being able to apply the verses I'm memorizing to my life and my attitude."

    This is so cool! It makes memorizing more valuable.

    ReplyDelete